Winlogbeat does not have any Winlogbeat-specific command line options. Instead, you configure the behavior of Winlogbeat by specifying options in the configuration file.
The following command line options from libbeat are also available for Winlogbeat.
winlogbeat -h to see the full list of options from the command line.
Override a specific configuration setting. For example:
sudo ./winlogbeat -c winlogbeat.yml -E name=mybeat
This setting is applied to the currently running Winlogbeat process. The Winlogbeat configuration file is not changed.
- Disable the publishing of events to the defined output. This option is useful only for testing the Beat.
- Pass the location of a configuration file for the Beat.
- Test the configuration file and then exit. This option is useful for troubleshooting the configuration of a Beat.
-cpuprofile <output file>
- Write CPU profile data to the specified file. This option is useful for troubleshooting the Beat.
Enable debugging for the specified selectors. For the selectors, you can specify a comma-separated
list of components, or you can use
-d "*"to enable debugging for all components. For example,
-d "publish"displays all the "publish" related messages.
- Log to stderr and disable syslog/file output.
- Start http server for profiling. This option is useful for troubleshooting and profiling the Beat.
-memprofile <output file>
- Write memory profile data to the specified output file. This option is useful for troubleshooting the Beat.
- Set the default location for configuration (e.g. the Elasticsearch template). See the Directory Layout section for details.
- Set the default location for data files. See the Directory Layout section for details.
- Set the default location for miscellaneous files. See the Directory Layout section for details.
- Set the default location for log files. See the Directory Layout section for details.
- Load the sample Kibana dashboards. By default, this downloads an archive file containing the Beats dashboards from the elastic.co website. See the Dashboards section for more details and more options.
- Enable verbose output to show INFO-level messages.
- Display the Beat version and exit.