API extension plugins add new functionality to Elasticsearch by adding new APIs or features, usually to do with search or mapping.
Community contributed API extension pluginsedit
A number of plugins have been contributed by our community:
- carrot2 Plugin: Results clustering with carrot2 (by Dawid Weiss)
- Elasticsearch Trigram Accelerated Regular Expression Filter: (by Wikimedia Foundation/Nik Everett)
- Elasticsearch Experimental Highlighter: (by Wikimedia Foundation/Nik Everett)
- Entity Resolution Plugin: Uses Duke for duplication detection (by Yann Barraud)
- Entity Resolution Plugin (zentity): Real-time entity resolution with pure Elasticsearch (by Dave Moore)
- SQL language Plugin: Allows Elasticsearch to be queried with SQL (by nlpcn)
- PQL language Plugin: Allows Elasticsearch to be queried with simple pipeline query syntax.
- Elasticsearch Taste Plugin: Mahout Taste-based Collaborative Filtering implementation (by CodeLibs Project)
- WebSocket Change Feed Plugin (by ForgeRock/Chris Clifton)