add_docker_metadata processor annotates each event with relevant metadata
from Docker containers:
- Container ID
When running Winlogbeat in a container, you need to provide access to
Docker’s unix socket in order for the
add_docker_metadata processor to work.
You can do this by mounting the socket inside the container. For example:
docker run -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock ...
To avoid privilege issues, you may also need to add
--user=root to the
docker run flags. Because the user must be part of the docker group in order
/var/run/docker.sock, root access is required if Winlogbeat is
running as non-root inside the container.
processors: - add_docker_metadata: host: "unix:///var/run/docker.sock" #match_fields: ["system.process.cgroup.id"] #match_pids: ["process.pid", "process.ppid"] #match_source: true #match_source_index: 4 #match_short_id: true #cleanup_timeout: 60 #labels.dedot: false # To connect to Docker over TLS you must specify a client and CA certificate. #ssl: # certificate_authority: "/etc/pki/root/ca.pem" # certificate: "/etc/pki/client/cert.pem" # key: "/etc/pki/client/cert.key"
It has the following settings:
- (Optional) Docker socket (UNIX or TCP socket). It uses
- (Optional) SSL configuration to use when connecting to the Docker socket.
- (Optional) A list of fields to match a container ID, at least one of them should hold a container ID to get the event enriched.
- (Optional) A list of fields that contain process IDs. If the
process is running in Docker then the event will be enriched. The default value
- (Optional) Match container ID from a log path present in the
log.file.pathfield. Enabled by default.
- (Optional) Match container short ID from a log path present
log.file.pathfield. Disabled by default. This allows to match directories names that have the first 12 characters of the container ID. For example,
- (Optional) Index in the source path split by
/to look for container ID. It defaults to 4 to match
- (Optional) Time of inactivity to consider we can clean and forget metadata for a container, 60s by default.
- (Optional) Default to be false. If set to true, replace dots in