You are looking at preliminary documentation for a future release. Not what you want? See the current release documentation.
This procedure downloads the relevant Logstash binaries directly from Elastic.
- Shut down your Logstash pipeline, including any inputs that send events to Logstash.
- Download the Logstash installation file that matches your host environment.
data/folders in a temporary space.
- Delete your Logstash directory.
- Unpack the installation file into the folder that contained the Logstash directory that you just deleted.
data/folders that were previously saved, overwriting the folders created during the unpack operation.
Test your configuration file with the
logstash --config.test_and_exit -f <configuration-file>command. Configuration options for some Logstash plugins have changed.
- Restart your Logstash pipeline after updating your configuration file.
Intro to Kibana
ELK for Logs & Metrics