You can use a variety of official plugins that are compatible with your version of Elasticsearch. When you upgrade to a new Elasticsearch version, these plugins are simply upgraded with the rest of your cluster.
Some restrictions apply when adding plugins. To learn more, see Restrictions for Elasticsearch and Kibana plugins.
Only Gold, Platinum, and Private subscriptions, running version 2.4.6 or later, have access to uploading custom plugins. All subscription levels, including Standard, can upload scripts and dictionaries.
To add a plugin:
- Log in to the Elasticsearch Add-On for Heroku console.
On the deployments page, select your deployment.
Narrow your deployments by name, ID, or choose from several other filters. To customize your view, use a combination of filters, or change the format from a grid to a list.
- From your deployment menu, go to the Edit page.
- Beneath the Elasticsearch master node, expand the Advanced Elasticsearch caret.
- Select the plugins that you want.
- Click Save changes. The cluster is then updated with new nodes that have the plugin installed.
Different versions of Elasticsearch support different plugins.