An error event contains at least
information about the original
exception that occurred
or about a
log created when the exception occurred.
For simplicity, errors are represented by a unique ID.
An Error contains:
- Both the captured
exceptionand the captured
logof an error can contain a
stack trace, which is helpful for debugging.
culpritof an error indicates where it originated.
- An error might relate to the transaction during which it happened,
Data about the environment in which the event is recorded:
- Service - environment, framework, language, etc.
- Host - architecture, hostname, IP, etc.
- Process - args, PID, PPID, etc.
- URL - full, domain, port, query, etc.
- User - (if supplied) email, ID, username, etc.
Most agents limit keyword fields (e.g.
error.id) to 1024 characters,
non-keyword fields (e.g.
error.exception.message) to 10,000 characters.
Errors are stored in error indices.