If you haven’t yet indexed data into Elasticsearch or created an index pattern, you’ll be prompted to do so as you follow the steps for creating a dashboard. Or, you can use one of the prebuilt sample data sets, available from the Kibana home page.
- In the side navigation, click Dashboard.
- Click Create new dashboard.
- Click Add.
Use Add Panels to add visualizations and saved searches to the dashboard. If you have a large number of visualizations, you can filter the lists.
- When you’re finished adding and arranging the panels, go to the menu bar and click Save.
- In Save Dashboard, enter a dashboard title and optionally a description.
- To store the time period specified in the time filter, enable Store time with dashboard.
- Click Save.
To import, export, and delete dashboards, see Managing Saved Objects.