You are looking at preliminary documentation for a future release. Not what you want? See the current release documentation.
X-Pack includes a SQL feature to execute SQL queries against Elasticsearch indices and return results in tabular format.
The following chapters aim to cover everything from usage, to syntax and drivers. Experienced users or those in a hurry might want to jump directly to the list of SQL commands and functions.
- Overview of Elasticsearch SQL and its features.
- Getting Started
- Start using SQL right away in Elasticsearch.
- Concepts and Terminology
- Language conventions across SQL and Elasticsearch.
- Secure Elasticsearch SQL and Elasticsearch.
- REST API
- Execute SQL in JSON format over REST.
- Translate API
- Translate SQL in JSON format to Elasticsearch native query.
- Command-line application for executing SQL against Elasticsearch.
- JDBC driver for Elasticsearch.
- ODBC driver for Elasticsearch.
- Client Applications
- Setup various SQL/BI tools with Elasticsearch SQL.
- SQL Language
- Overview of the Elasticsearch SQL language, such as supported data types, commands and syntax.
- Functions and Operators
- List of functions and operators supported.
- Elasticsearch SQL current limitations.
Intro to Kibana
ELK for Logs & Metrics