This upgrade guide is for the standalone (legacy) method of running APM Server. Only use this guide if both of the following are true:
- You’re using Elastic Cloud.
- You’re using the APM Server binary, i.e. you haven’t switched to the Elastic APM integration.
Follow these steps to upgrade:
- Review the APM release notes, breaking changes, and Observability What’s new content.
- Upgrade Elastic Cloud to 8.8.0, See Upgrade versions for instructions.
- (Optional) Upgrade to the APM integration. Got time for one more upgrade? See Switch to the Elastic APM integration.
Intro to Kibana
ELK for Logs & Metrics