That's a wrap! Looking back on the Elastic and AWS collaboration in 2023
What a fantastic week at Amazon Web Services (AWS) re:Invent 2023! As a Diamond sponsor, we thoroughly enjoyed supporting our partner AWS at this flagship event and conversing with so many individuals from around the world who are interested in Elastic®.
On the heels of the event and with the holiday season upon us, we thought now would be a great time to share a blog post covering our highlights at AWS re:Invent and our extensive collaboration with AWS over the past year.
Elastic at AWS re:Invent 2023
How do you capture the energy of such a monumental event? Well, we can at least share a few of our favorite moments!
Announcing Strategic Collaboration Agreement and SaaS Quick Launch
Let’s start off with two important announcements:
- We were excited to announce that Elastic has signed a Strategic Collaboration Agreement with AWS to accelerate generative AI solutions. This agreement will accelerate the integration of Amazon Bedrock into the Elastic AI Assistant to enable you to get richer and more contextualized and relevant results by using your preferred large language models (LLMs).
- AWS announced the general availability of SaaS Quick Launch, a new deployment option for software-as-a-service (SaaS) products in AWS Marketplace. SaaS Quick Launch enables you to reduce the time and resources required to configure and launch third-party SaaS products on AWS. Elastic was honored to be an ISV launch partner for SaaS Quick Launch.
Sponsoring AWS Jam Challenge on generative AI
Our sponsored AWS Jam Challenge on generative AI was packed with nearly 300 developers. Attendees got hands-on with Elasticsearch® as part of the gamification and gained some new skills in the following areas:
- How to use a retrieval augmented generation (RAG) application running on Amazon EC2 Streamlit
- Integrating AWS SageMaker hosting an open source LLM from Hugging Face with private data stored in Elastic Cloud
It was a blast and the winners walked away with some cool Elastic prizes.
Presenting innovations at breakout sessions
We held two Breakout Sessions covering pioneering technologies.
- Elastic Distinguished Architect Michael Heldebrant alongside Fahd Siddiqui, director of Engineering at Adobe, and Ayan Ray, senior partner solutions architect at AWS, presented on semantic search and RAG. Watch the recording to see what they shared.
- Ninoslav Miskovic, principal product manager, and James Spiteri, product director, presented on how to transform investigation via Elasticsearch Query Language (ES|QL). This recording includes an in-depth demo for all of you eager to understand what ES|QL can do for your organization. Be sure to check it out!
As usual, AWS re:Invent was an impressive event. We look forward to seeing you there next year!
Building momentum together: 2023 recap
Our partnership momentum with AWS has continued to grow substantially throughout 2023.
Below is a recap of our joint efforts over the past year to help you address your technology challenges and derive the most value possible from Elastic on AWS. As a result of these efforts, AWS awarded Elastic the U.S. AWS Rising Star Partner of the Year Award and the Independent Software Vendor Partner of the Year for the Nordics region. Please read below to learn more about what we’ve accomplished together in 2023.Announcements
- Elastic’s Strategic Collaboration Agreement with AWS: To help accelerate global cloud adoption, the agreement includes the development of more technology integrations to streamline the migration of on-premises workloads to Elastic Cloud on AWS. See the full announcement here.
- Elastic’s Generative AI Strategic Collaboration Agreement with AWS: Elastic signed a two-year agreement to make it easier for shared customers to advance their pursuit of generative artificial intelligence (AI) using Elastic Cloud on AWS. Read the full announcement here.
- Regional expansion: Elastic continues to expand across the globe to support customer growth. You can now run Elastic Cloud on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the Europe North (Stockholm) region. Details are here.
- AWS Marketplace Vendor Insights: Vendor Insights streamlines third-party software risk assessments for both buyers and sellers to help you procure easier and faster. Learn more here.
- AWS Security ISV Competency Partner: Partners with the Security Competency have deep technical expertise with security in AWS and proven customer success securing the cloud journey with their software and services offerings. In collaboration with AWS, Elastic achieved this designation which highlights our ability to meet your security needs. Read more here.
- Amazon Security Lake and Elastic Security: Elastic’s integration with Amazon Security Lake facilitates the collection of security-related log and event data. It also empowers organizations to analyze their security posture comprehensively to protect data across their entire organization. View more info here.
- Monitoring EMR via Elastic Observability: Amazon EMR allows you to easily run and scale big data workloads. Elastic’s native integration provides confidence to monitor, analyze, and optimize EMR clusters, opening up exciting opportunities for data-driven initiatives. Explore more here.
- API Gateway integration with Elastic: Elastic Observability ensures real-time visibility, advanced analytics, and actionable insights, empowering you to fine-tune your AWS API Gateway for optimal performance. Read more here.
- Generative AI using Elastic and Amazon SageMaker JumpStart: Using Amazon SageMaker JumpStart combined with Elasticsearch’s capabilities, businesses can confidently explore and adopt the most suitable AI models for their specific use cases while maintaining cost-effectiveness, security, and privacy. Dive into it here.
- Cloud Security Capabilities for AWS: Elastic delivers a comprehensive security analytics solution that includes complete Cloud Native Application Protection for AWS. Get more info here.
- Elastic APM for AWS Lambda: Elastic Observability provides real-time monitoring of AWS Lambda functions in your production environment for a broad range of use cases. Read more here.
- Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose Integration: Elastic supports Amazon Kinesis Data Firehose streaming data delivery. With this integration, AWS users have an easier way to ingest streaming data to Elastic and consume the Elastic Stack (ELK Stack) solutions for Search, Observability, and Security without having to manage applications or write code. Find out more here.
- Elastic and AWS Serverless Application Repository (SAR): This combination speeds time to actionable insights with frictionless log ingestion from Amazon S3. Get more information here.
- AWS Lambda Service Ready: Elastic is recognized as a Lambda Service Ready Partner with a deep understanding of serverless software solutions. Details are here.
- Amazon Linux 2023 Service Ready: As an AWS partner in the AWS Service Ready Program, this achievement certifies Elastic has completed a thorough technical validation for sound architecture and software quality assurance. The Elastic Stack now runs as a qualified package on Amazon Linux 2023. Read more here.
- Fortune 100 financial services organization deploys Elastic to help protect members and employees from cybersecurity threats
- Global 2000 multinational pharmaceutical corporation accelerates R&D, streamlines pharma industry compliance using Elastic
- Mimecast deploys Elastic to defend its systems against sophisticated cyberattacks and reduce overheads by 50%
- Ecommerce marketplace Modalova doubles its revenue by improving search accuracy with Elastic
- Bolt protects its super-app with Elastic Security on Elastic Cloud with AWS
- Fingerprint enables rapid regulatory compliance with Elastic
- RWE powers its renewable energy trading business, using Elastic Observability
- Luxury fitness club group boosts its cloud infrastructure health with Elastic Observability
- Inwatec: Building the future of laundry robotics with Elastic
- Met Office uses Elastic to monitor IT infrastructure and protect data
- T-Mobile Netherlands boosts broadband customer satisfaction with super-fast fault resolution powered by Elastic
- Cloud consultancy reduces client outages from four times a day to just once a quarter with Elastic-based cloud automation solution
- Bluestone Analytics helps law enforcement agencies investigate and shut down illegal activity
- International variety retailer deploys Elastic Enterprise Search on Elastic Cloud to enhance ecommerce operations and triple website sales
- DISH Media boosts ad revenue, engineering efficiency, and customer satisfaction with Elastic Observability
- State Agency strengthens IT resilience with Elastic
Start a free trial today
Interested in accelerating time to insight with Elastic on AWS? Start your own 7-day free trial by signing up via AWS Marketplace and quickly spin up a deployment in minutes on any of the Elastic Cloud regions on AWS around the world. Your AWS Marketplace purchase of Elastic will be included in your monthly consolidated billing statement and will draw against your committed spend with AWS.
The release and timing of any features or functionality described in this post remain at Elastic's sole discretion. Any features or functionality not currently available may not be delivered on time or at all.