Each one of us at Elastic shares a commitment to integrity in all that we do. Winning and maintaining the trust of our global user community, customers, partners, and shareholders is important to us — and we achieve that by consistently demonstrating honesty, professionalism and empathy every day. Regardless of position, tenure, or geographic location, all Elasticians embrace the culture that always requires acting in accordance with the highest ethical standards, and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Please see our policies and other documents available below for a more detailed picture of our approach to ethics and compliance.
Elastic is a technology company, and we are committed to conducting its business with honesty and integrity and in full compliance with U.S. laws and regulations that restrict exports and govern international business activities including trade sanctions, export control, and boycott laws and regulations. Our clients and prospects often ask for the Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) assigned to our products. In general, all our paid products are classified under ECCN 5D002.c.1 and eligible for exports under License Exception ENC according to Section 740.17 (b)(1) of the Export Administration Regulations. A current, detailed list of product ECCNs is available here. This information may change as we develop new products or add new features. For this reason, please make sure that you always refer to the latest ECCN chart published by Elastic. We also encourage you to consult your export counsel to determine how this information affects your export transactions or use of Elastic products.
All Elastic products are built with security in mind and include features engineered to keep our customers' information safe. Learn more about how Elastic products both meet and help ensure compliance with data protection laws and regulations.
If you have observed potential violations or would like to ask questions, present ideas, or raise concerns pertaining to ethics or compliance at Elastic, you must promptly take one of the following steps:
- Discuss the situation with your manager;
- If your manager is involved in the situation or you are uncomfortable speaking with your manager, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, General Counsel, or Chief Financial Officer. You will find all of these individuals’ contact information on our Wiki pages dedicated to ethics and compliance;
- If the actual or suspected misconduct or irregularity pertains to the functioning of an executive director of Elastic, report concerns directly to the Lead Independent Director of Elastic at the address of Elastic’s registered office at Keizersgracht 281, 1016 ED Amsterdam, the Netherlands;
- Anyone (including employees, contingent workers, vendors, and all others) may also report ethical, legal, or regulatory concerns via the Ethics and Compliance Hotline by phone or via the web-reporting tool available below. You may choose to identify yourself or remain anonymous. We will acknowledge receipt of your report and route it to the appropriate professionals to comprehensively review and resolve the issue. For example, depending on the nature of a complaint, it may be addressed by Human Resources, the Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer, or other seasoned professionals. Concerns received via the Ethics and Compliance Hotline that relate to Elastic’s accounting, internal controls or auditing matters will be referred to the Chairperson of the Audit Committee and the General Counsel (or to persons appointed by them, as appropriate);
- In addition, if your complaint relates to accounting, internal controls or auditing matters, you may contact the Chairperson of our Audit Committee by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to Elastic N.V., 800 West El Camino Real, Suite 350, Mountain View, California 94040, Attn: Chairperson of Audit Committee. We will forward all such communications to the Chairperson of our Audit Committee.
And remember, you have Elastic’s unwavering commitment to protect all who have in good faith reported a complaint, or who assist in any related investigation, against any reprisal, threats, discrimination, harassment, retribution, or retaliation.
Finally, you always have a right to contact law enforcement or regulatory authorities, and nothing limits any Elastician from making a good faith report or complaint to the appropriate authorities.