Now it is even easier to deploy, ingest, and migrate data into Elastic within your Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment, so you can quickly capture, store, and search your data. Quickly build and start your environment by leveraging the Elastic Cloud Quick Start — an automated reference deployment — that significantly reduces prior manual procedures to just a few steps.
In this blog we will go over the details of the deployment environment, benefits of Elastic on AWS, and resources available if you require migration.
Deploy Elastic on AWS with ease
Streamline your deployment with the Elastic Cloud Quick Start. If you have on-prem Elastic workloads, you can easily migrate them into Elastic on AWS after your deployment.
The Elastic Cloud Quick Start deployment provisions the following components:
- Your Elastic on AWS cluster.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), which is needed for Elastic Agent.
- An Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) bucket which is needed for Elastic snapshots.
- Elastic Serverless Forwarder for data ingestion.
- An AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) instance role with fine-grained permissions to access AWS services.
Build a secure and highly available environment
This deployment offers key components to help increase resiliency and security in your environment including a highly available architecture that spans multiple availability zones, a private Virtual Private Network (VPC), and Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to help protect web applications from common web exploits. To further safeguard your environment, easily track user activity with AWS Cloudtrail and capture information about IP traffic with the Amazon VPC.
And you get all the security features of Elastic Cloud with best practices that help to ensure your deployments are secured from the ground up — including but not limited to OS hardening, network security controls, and encryption for data in motion, as well as data at rest.
Make data collection agentless
The Elastic serverless forwarder, within the AWS Serverless Application Repository, lets you ingest data into Elastic Cloud on AWS. Plus, Elastic has many ready-to-use integrations for AWS services — allowing you to seamlessly ship AWS logs, metrics, and events into Elastic without installing and managing software agents. Learn more about the latest integrations, and examples of common AWS services paired with Elastic Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security in this blog.
Realize benefits by deploying Elastic on AWS
Achieve a faster time to value by enhancing customer search experiences,keeping mission-critical applications running smoothly, and protecting against cyber threats with Elastic Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security solutions. Monitor all your cloud resources and applications through Elastic integrations for Amazon EC2, Amazon ECS, AWS Fargate, and more.Elastic can help reduce your effort and risk while helping you accelerate actionable insights as your applications and operations are scaled on AWS.
Elastic Cloud is the best way to consume all of Elastic's products and extend the value of Elastic solutions with cloud-native features. When you move from on-prem ELK workloads to Elastic Cloud, you can reduce operational overhead, focus on delivering business value, and benefit from these capabilities.
- Save significant time as sourcing, configuring, and managing hardware and software packages is no longer required. Plus, we handle the maintenance and upkeep including software updates, security patches, and taking snapshots of your data.
- Streamline the data ingestion process by leveraging out-of-the-box integrations and avoid the operational overhead of installing, configuring, and maintaining agent-based data shippers.
- Leverage autoscaling to ensure resource capacity matches resource utilization. As you ingest more data, autoscaling and index lifecycle management (ILM) policy work in conjunction to ensure your data tiers provide the required storage capacity.
- Help ensure service resilience with Elastic Cloud's built-in multi-zone architecture single points of failure that could bring down your deployment. Backups are automatic with snapshots and help speed up your restoration and recovery processes.
- Help meet security and compliance requirements with built-in security best practices — benefit from thousands of person-hours of experience in securing cloud environments. In addition, Elastic Cloud is continuously audited by independent parties to meet data security, compliance, and industry-standard privacy requirements.
Automate your migration from on-prem to Elastic on AWS
Do you already have self-managed, on-prem Elastic workloads? Leverage the best practices and tools we developed with AWS to ensure your fast and smooth migration to Elastic Cloud on AWS. This blog describes self-service migration path options, resources, and lists 10 easy “how-to” steps to automate your migration. Read this migration documentation for further details on your migration options based on your use case and the AWS Prescriptive Guidance for more information about migrating using snapshot and restore.
Elastic is a certified partner of the AWS ISV Workload Migration Program (WMP), which supports the migration of ISV workloads to AWS with onboarding guidance, migration resources, and AWS infrastructure credits and funding assistance.
Accelerate results that matter with Elastic on AWS
Ready to transform endless amounts of data into endless possibilities? Elastic’s search-powered solutions can get you there. Start a 7-day free trial by signing up via the AWS Marketplace. By purchasing Elastic through the AWS Marketplace, you can consolidate your cloud bill for better cost optimization and management. Deploy quickly with the Elastic Cloud Quick Start and afterwards you can follow the steps to migrate your existing on-prem Elastic workloads to AWS.
The release and timing of any features or functionality described in this post remain at Elastic's sole discretion. Any features or functionality not currently available may not be delivered on time or at all.