Elastic Cloud Enterprise by default collects monitoring data for your installation using Filebeat and Metricbeat. This data gets sent as monitoring indices to a dedicated
logging-and-metrics cluster that is created whenever you install Elastic Cloud Enterprise on your first host. Data is collected on every runner that is part of your Elastic Cloud Enterprise installation and includes:
- Logs for all core services that are a part of Elastic Cloud Enterprise and monitoring metrics for core Elastic Cloud Enterprise services, system processes on the host, and any third-party software
- Logs and monitoring metrics for Elasticsearch clusters and for Kibana instances
These monitoring indices are collected in addition to the monitoring you might have enabled for specific clusters, which also provides monitoring metrics that you can access in Kibana.
In this section:
- Access logs and metrics - Where to find the logs and metrics that are collected.
- Set the Retention Period for Logging and Metrics Indices - Set the retention period for the indices that Elastic Cloud Enterprise collects.
- Scenario: Knowing When You Need More Proxies - Keeping tabs on proxy performance.