We are happy to announce the release of ECE 1.0.2! This new version includes:
Support for live upgrading - Our main improvement in this version. We now support live upgrading to new ECE versions without downtime for managed clusters. The upgrade process is designed to be simple and safe, and updates all hosts that are part of your Elastic Cloud Enterprise installation to the latest version of ECE with a single command. Upgrading replaces the containers that ECE itself requires to run without touching your Elasticsearch clusters and Kibana instances. To learn more, see our blog post Live Upgrading Elastic Cloud Enterprise and our live upgrading documentation.
New Elastic Stack versions - ECE now ships with Elasticsearch 2.4.6 and Kibana 4.6.5, along with the previously included Elasticsearch and Kibana version 5.4.1. To learn more about these versions of the Elastic Stack, see:
- Elasticsearch 5.5.1 and 2.4.6 released
- Kibana 5.5.1 and 4.6.5 released
- Elasticsearch 5.4.1 and 5.3.3 released
- Kibana 5.4.1 and 5.3.3 released
Additional Elastic Stack packs with the latest 5.6.0 and 5.5.3 versions are also available for use with Elastic Cloud Enterprise.
Bug fixes and operational improvements - A number of bug fixes improve the installation and stability of ECE. For example:
- The installation script now performs additional tests to ensure that all prerequisites are met before installing ECE.
- Cluster configuration changes have been made safer with additional plan validation checks.
- The RESTful API and the API documentation have received a number of fixes and corrections.
Existing ECE installations on versions 1.0.1 and 1.0.0 can be live upgraded to version 1.0.2.