Welcome to the latest edition of Where in the World is Elasticsearch. For this week, the answer is largely "at Berlin Buzzwords"! If you're joining us in Berlin, there's a full docket of Elasticsearch content on offer at the conference. If you're not, no worries - the conference organizers will be taping and publishing all of these sessions for your later enjoyment and edification. Plus, we've got Bulgaria Web Summit at the end of the week and plenty of meetup goodness worldwide. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the shows!
Now in its 5th edition, Berlin Buzzwords brings together experts in all of our favorite buzzwords: cloud, search, storage, scale and beyond. The conference runs from May 25-26th in Berlin at Kulturbraurei, capping off with hackathons running in various locations throughout the city on Wednesday, the 27th.
When you're not attending sessions, you can visit us anytime at the Elasticsearch stand in the Palais Building, where we can offer you knowledge, swag and delicious smoothies!
All things Elasticsearch at Buzzwords:
Monday, May 25th
- 12:00 - 12:40, Kesselhaus: Elasticsearch Query DSL - Not just for Wizards by Clinton Gormley
- 12:50 - 13:10, Kesselhaus: Elasticsearch - Aggregations by Adrien Grand
- 15:30 - 16:10, Kesselhaus: Elasticsearch - Percolator by Martijn van Groningen
- 16:40 - 17:20, Kesselhaus: Geospatial analysis of Social Media posts with Elasticsearch by Michael Kaisser
- 17:30 - 18:10, Kesselhaus: Staying ahead of Users & Time - two use cases of scaling data with Elasticsearch by Boaz Leskes
Tuesday, May 27th
- 11:30 - 12:10, Kesselhaus: Apache Lucene 4 by Robert Muir
- 11:30 - 12:10, Frannz Club: Side by side with Elasticsearch and Solr by Rafal Kuc & Radhu Gheorghe
- 16:30 - 17:10, Kesselhaus: Scoring for human beings by Britta Weber
- 17:20 - 18:00, Kesselhaus: The ultimate guide for Elasticsearch plugins by Itamar Syn-Hershko
Wednesday, May 28th
The fine folks at the Elasticsearch User Group Berlin have once again organized an Elasticsearch Hackathon for Buzzwords! We're nearly at capacity, so if you are interested in attending please RSVP ASAP so we can try to find a place for you. Thanks again to @elasticberlin for organizing!
Bulgaria Web Summit
The Bulgaria Web Summit is an all day event on Saturday, May 31st with a number of great talks on offer. If you're attending, make sure to stop by Honza Kral's session at 16:45 on Explore your data. Honza promises us 60% code & console commands, no slides, all how Elasticsearch helps you make sense of your data.
From Belgium to Washington, D.C, here's where to get your Elasticsearch Meetup on this week:
Monday, May 25th
- Berlin: The Berlin .Net Users Group will convene at 19:00 for a series of short lectures, including Elasticsearch goodness.
- Stuttgart: The local Elasticsearch Stuttgart Meetup will convene their second meeting on 19:00. Topics will include running Elasticsearch on AWS and Google Cloud Engine
Tuesday, May 26th
- Liège, Belgium: The WAJUG will get together at 19:00 to discuss all things Elasticsearch.
Wednesday, May 27th
- Dulles, Virgina: The Elasticsearch D.C. Meetup group will gather at AOL's offices to hear the company's engineers discuss their open source network forensics tool, Moloch, and their experiences building it on top of Elasticsearch. Doors open at 6:30 PM.
And that's a wrap for Where in the World is Elasticsearch this week. Remember, if you're giving a talk, hosting a meetup or otherwise sharing the Elasticsearch love, let us know. We'd love to feature your knowledge sharing bits here!