After Wednesday's release bonanza, we still aren't done -- one more today! We are happy to announce the release of Logstash version 1.5.5 today. This is mainly a bug fix release and the last release planned for the 1.5 series.
In case you missed it, we recently released a beta version of Filebeat -- the next-generation Logstash Forwarder. Filebeat is an agent to ship file-based logs to Logstash for further processing. Logstash version 1.5.5 works out of the box with Filebeat version 1.0.0-beta4 using the logstash-input-beats plugin.
- UserAgent and GeoIP Filter: In both these filters, we've optimized lookups by adding a LRU cache. This takes advantage of the fact that IPs and user agents commonly seen in web requests often appear in a clustered sequence. In the case of the user agent filter, we saw a boost of ~3.7x on our sample dataset. For GeoIP, the performance boost compared to old version is 1.69x.
- JSON processing: We updated to a new version of JrJackson, which is the JSON serialization/deserialization library used in Logstash. In addition to fixes, this provides good performance boosts when dealing with JSON.
- Improved default security configuration for SSL/TLS. Default is now TLS1.2 (#3955).
- Update to JRuby 1.7.22 (#3833)
- HTTP Output: Fixed a memory leak related to asynchronous requests (#24).