Elastic Cloud is a family of managed offerings from Elastic, the makers of the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash), that brings the power of the Elastic Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security solutions to the cloud. With Elastic Cloud, you can quickly and easily search your environment for information, analyze data to obtain insights, and protect your technology investment. Elastic Cloud lets you deploy your way, whether as a managed service or with orchestration tools you manage in the cloud.
When you choose our managed Elasticsearch offering, we handle the maintenance and upkeep so you can focus on gaining insights that help you run your business. You’ll get the latest version and security updates — including exclusive features and access to Elastic Support. Plus, Elastic Cloud grows with you as your requirements change over time. Let's take a look at some of the features and benefits of Elastic Cloud.
|Deployments made easy|
|Security by default|
|We wear the pager|
We think of a managed service as a shared responsibility. At a high level, Elastic is responsible for the security and operation of Elastic Cloud, including the underlying infrastructure and the Elastic software that runs on top of it. You make decisions about your specific configuration, ensuring your deployment size meets your business needs, account and user management, operations such as restoring snapshots, and your data. Let’s take a closer look at what this means.
- Building out infrastructure in Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud regions and availability zones
- Optimizing cloud storage and locally attached disk ratios for your deployment
- Managing availability, so you won’t see insufficient capacity or stock out errors when you create a deployment
- Ensuring the underlying infrastructure receives operating system updates and security patches
Platform and network security
- Encrypting your cluster data and snapshots and managing your keys
- Encrypting communications between nodes and components such as Elasticsearch, Kibana, and APM
Orchestration of the Elastic Stack
- Ensuring connectivity between components
- Automatically applying your configuration changes and plugins
- Applying your specified capacity parameters
- Taking periodic snapshots (you set the cadence, we do the work)
- Giving careful consideration to the sizing requirements of your deployment
- Deciding when and how you want to restore snapshots
- Ensuring the health of your configurations, plugins, indexes, and shards
- Securing communications between Elastic Cloud and other systems, such as applications, databases, and other cloud services
- Implementing configurations that adhere to security best practices
- Applying user- and account-based access rights
- Managing the data you use in conjunction with the service
With Elastic Cloud, you get the complete managed Elasticsearch experience with exclusive features, simplified operations, and the peace of mind of a service that's monitored around the clock.
Ready to get started? Visit elastic.co to sign up for a free 14-day trial. If you are already a customer and you are considering moving to the managed service, you can visit the migration section of our documentation to learn more.