What is Elasticsearch?
Elasticsearch is a distributed, RESTful search and analytics engine capable of addressing a growing number of use cases. As the heart of the free and open Elastic Stack, it centrally stores your data for lightning fast search, fine‑tuned relevancy, and powerful analytics that scale with ease.
This video is perfect for users that are new to Elasticsearch or users that want to see features like the frozen tier and runtime fields in action. We’ll cover getting started, which includes deploying, managing, and analyzing data in Elasticsearch.
- Deploying Elasticsearch, including how to launch a hosted cluster on Elasticsearch Service
- Adding, updating, and managing data through both CRUD REST APIs and UI
- Configuring fields on the fly with basic text analysis including tokenization and filtering
- Basic search queries
- Aggregations: The faceting and analytics workhorse of Elasticsearch
- Read the Elasticsearch documentation
- Free trial: Elasticsearch Service
- Download Elasticsearch
- Dev Console Commands
To speed up your Elasticsearch education, explore our Training Subscriptions or try our Elasticsearch Service, our hosted Elasticsearch offering on Elastic Cloud. Try Hosted Elasticsearch free for 14 days.