Logs and metrics are critical for building a holistic understanding of modern systems and gaining insight into the organizational data they hold. This course walks you through the fundamental skills for building high-capacity logging systems. You will learn about common logging problems and their solutions. You'll also get an introduction to shipping data to Elasticsearch with Beats and ingest node before taking a look at Elastic Cloud. After completing this course, you will have a firm understanding of how beneficial log data is, not just for system admins and DevOps, but for your company as a whole.
- The Importance of Logs
- Log Lifecycle
- Using Filebeat with Logs
- Visualizing Log Data in Kibana
This course is a module of the Logging specialization. Find out how our focused Training Specializations can help you with your use case.
Software Developers and Engineers, Data Architects, System Administrators, DevOps
- We recommend taking the following foundational courses (or having equivalent knowledge):
- Stable internet connection
- Mac, Linux, or Windows
- Latest version of Chrome or Firefox (other browsers not supported)
- Disable any ad blockers and restart your browser before class