Backward Compatibility Breaks
@timestampfor a better integration with Logstash. #80
- Don't wait for one period until shutdown #75
- Use stderr for console log output. elastic/libbeat#219
- Handle empty event array in publisher. elastic/libbeat#207
- Respect * debug selector in IsDebug. elastic/libbeat#226
- On Windows, remove service related error message when running in the console. elastic/libbeat#242
- Use http as the default scheme in the elasticsearch hosts elastic/libbeat#253
- Respect max bulk size if bulk publisher (collector) is disabled or sync flag is set. elastic/libbeat#261
- Always evaluate status code from Elasticsearch responses when indexing events. elastic/libbeat#192
- Use bulk_max_size configuration option instead of bulk_size. elastic/libbeat#256
- Fix max_retries=0 (no retries) configuration option. elastic/libbeat#266
- Filename used for file based logging now defaults to beat name. elastic/libbeat#267
- Add Console output plugin. elastic/libbeat#218
- Add timestamp to log messages elastic/libbeat#245
- Send @metadata.beat to Logstash instead of @metadata.index to prevent possible name clashes and give user full control over index name used for Elasticsearch elastic/libbeat#231
- Add logging messages for bulk publishing in case of error elastic/libbeat#229
- Add option to configure number of parallel workers publishing to Elasticsearch or Logstash.
- Set default bulk size for Elasticsearch output to 50.
- Set default http timeout for Elasticsearch to 90s.
- Improve publish retry if sync flag is set by retrying only up to max bulk size events instead of all events to be published.