Logstash Lines: Support for Protobuf version 3
Welcome to Logstash Lines! With these weekly series, we're keeping you up to date with what's new in Logstash, including the latest commits and releases.
Did you know that Logstash 6.2 is already available? Try it and let us know what you think.
Protobuf codec now supports Protobuf version 3
A community contributed pull request has added protobuf version 3 to this codec, that previously only supported version 2. This was a great effort that involved a few community members in both building and testing the pull request. One of the contributors mentioned seeing 2.5x performance improvement for some protobufs.
Logstash Core Java-ification
Java-ification of LS core is proceeding along nicely with a number of great PRs with: the output delegator strategy ported in #9410 , simplified handling of JRuby internals in Java execution in #9401 , and simplified queue reader setup in #9399.
We’ve also made some nice strides on our Java Plugin API! You can track the progress of that, which is being developed in a feature branch, in #9342. We’ve even ported the STDIN input as a test of this new API in #9392.
UDP Input had an ugly bug :(
The fix to the lack of IPv6 support in the UDP plugin makes the version that shipped with 6.2.4 and 5.6.9 unusable due to a missing reference to a dependency. This bug has since been fixed and a new version of the udp plugin has been published to Rubygems.org.
Changes in master:
Changes in versioned_plugin_docs:
- auto generated update of versioned plugin documentation #515
- Stabilize integ tests #9412
- Fix deep clone of timestamp: #9405
- Only log converge when actions taken #9409
- Start webserver after pipelines are started #9398
- Add -SNAPSHOT to snapshot build output files #9397
- Integration tests ported to use of JRuby classes: #9388
- Fix gradle clean to remove gem jars: #9387
logstash-codec-netflow - 3.12.0
- Added support for IPFIX from Procera/NetIntact/Sandvine 15.1
logstash-filter-jdbc_static - 1.0.2