Kurrently in Kibana: This week in Kibana for April 10, 2017
Welcome to Kurrently in Kibana! This is a weekly series of posts on new developments in the Kibana project and any related learning resources and events.
A colorful look at #heatmap visualizations today, and what's coming with point series #dataviz in #Kibana: https://t.co/qoAmyK5Hbq pic.twitter.com/zfvxCmPDt9
— elastic (@elastic) April 13, 2017
- Organized UI Framework SCSS mixins and variables into global and component namespaces #11033
- Renamed all UI Framework .jsx files to .js #11022
- Fixed appearance of breadcrumbs to look like links #11058
- Added kuiSubduedText class to UI Framework #10988
- Fixed error thrown when a custom query_string filter sets a default_field #11087
- Keeping angular metadata out of URL #11064
- Allowed both “from” and “to” times in the timepicker’s relative mode #10990
- Added a "Set To Now" button on the “from” field in timepicker absolute mode #10985
- Showing the selected time field when viewing time-based indices #10790
- Notifying the user when there is a problem updating the fields for an index pattern #10788
- Fixed BWC issue introduced in 5.3 from the introduction of dashboard landing pages, as well as broken share links when trying to share snapshots of an unsaved dashboard #11003
- Improved pager on search results in dashboard. Also fixes an issue with a misleading number of results shown #10827
Even though this search has over a million hits, only 500 are retrieved and there is no indication that they are limited.
We now show the actual total number of hits.
- Some progress made on adhering to our new style rule of preferring named exports over default #10986. Additional work is being delayed till post 5.4 feature freeze to avoid potentially disrupting other teams.
- A community member raised some concerns with a previous PR that hid filter pin state in embed mode, so we decided to revert it. The potential for disruptions outweighed the small benefits it may have offered. #11025
- Users now select a visualization type from a gallery of icons instead of from a list. The icons themselves have been updated as well #10972
- Map improvements and bug fixes:#10871
- The tile map now positions icons using Elasticsearch’s geo_centroid aggregation metric. This is the new default, but this can be turned off
- Support scroll and touch panning and zooming
- Kibana no longer attempts to retrieve the tile service manifest if the map visualization page is not loaded
- Check out the new Transformation Plugin in the known plugin docs! #11018