Welcome to the weekly Brewing in Beats ! With this weekly series, we are keeping you up to date with all the changes in Beats, including the latest commits, releases and other learning resources.
Thanks to our colleague Thiago Souza, PHP-FPM module is added in Metricbeat to collect server status metrics from PHP-FPM. It gives you metrics like the current number of queued connections that have initiated, but not yet accepted, or the number of active servers that are currently processing a page.
Monitor your Ceph storage platform
Thanks to Amanda H. L. de Andrade, Ceph support is added in Metricbeat as a community contribution. Ceph is a distributed object, block, and file storage platform. Metricbeat collects periodically metrics from Ceph by submitting HTTP GET requests to ceph-rest-api.
Custom HTTP headers for the Elasticsearch output
The HTTP headers should be configured under the Elasticsearch output:
output.elasticsearch.headers: X-My-Header: Contents of the header
And we can also configure the HTTP headers from the CLI:
metricbeat -E "output.elasticsearch.headers.X-test=Test value"
Other features and fixes
- Auto generate imports for the Packetbeat protocols #3468
- Return empty moduleRegistry if the path doesn’t exist #3407
- Add pipeline configuration option per prospector #3433 #3472
- Deploy Filebeat modules in packages #3436
- Rename syslog module to system #3475
- Add libbeat.monitoring package to easier control what metrics are exported via expvar #3427
- Move the TCP protocol generator to Packetbeat, and remove cookiecutter as dependency #3447
- Unify the Beat generator and the one based on Metricbeat, and remove cookiecutter as dependency #3438