Brewing in Beats: Monitor memcached with Metricbeat
Welcome to Brewing in Beats! With this weekly series, we're keeping you up to date with what's new in Beats, including the latest commits and releases.
Metricbeat: Add support for memcached
Metricbeat is now able to monitor the overall status of memcached by using the stats metricset of the memcached module. It gives you information like how many SET vs GET commands were, or how many connections are established vs total.
New community Beat: Icingabeat
New community Beat: Gpfsbeat
Gpfsbeat collects GPFS metric and quota information, and index it into Elasticsearch. The General Parallel File System (GPFS) is a high-performance clustered file system developed by IBM.
New community Beat: Nvidiagpubeat
Nvidiagpubeat uses NVIDIA System Management Interface (nvidia-smi) to monitor NVIDIA GPU devices and can ingest metrics into Elasticsearch cluster. nvidia-smi is a command line utility, based on top of the NVIDIA Management Library (NVML), intended to aid in the management and monitoring of NVIDIA GPU devices.
Nvidiagpubeat with help of nvidia-smi allows administrators to query GPU device state. It is targeted at the TeslaTM, GRIDTM, QuadroTM and Titan X product, though limited support is also available on other NVIDIA GPUs.
Other changes since last update
Changes in 5.3:
- Improve handling of different path variants on Windows #3781
- Add info about config file ownership and permissions #3753
Changes in 5.x:
_allfield from template for ES >= 6.0 #3778
Changes in master:
- Update monitoring client retry parameters #3659
- Fix get_version command #3727
- Use monitoring package instead of expvar #3739 #3745
- Always traverse sub-registries #3748
_type=doc to all exported events #3757
- Print error when downloading dashboards #3805
- Introduce logp.Deprecate to be used for deprecation #3814
- Remove convert old states code #3767
- Make system process metricset honor cpu_ticks config option #3776
- Make http fields in HAProxy optional to improve compatibility with 1.5 #3788
- Introduce error reporting in schema #3790
- Make common.Time discoverable by mapstriface.Time #3812
- Use environment variables in haproxy testing #3817
- Add tests for different Apache status outputs #3819