0.90.0.RC2 is out, the last release candidate before the 0.90 release. You can download it here.
This version contains a number of bug fixes and enhancements which bring us closer to a stable release of 0.90. It is also our first release to make an RPM available, which should work for RedHat, Fedora and openSUSE.
Some of the changes are:
- Upgrade to Lucene 4.2.1, which fixes a bug which could produce data loss #2812
- Threadpools now default to a fixed size, based on the number of processes, instead of "cached". This will help to prevent "thread explosions" which can compound problems when a node is undergoing degraded performance. #2858
- Warmers now have their own threadpool, so that they don't interfere with search requests #2815
- Fielddata, filter and ID caches can now be viewed per-index, instead of just per-node #2862, #2870
- Sorting on multi-value fields has been extended to work for geo-points #1846
- Aliases are processed more efficiently, making clusters with hundreds of thousands of aliases more feasible
Upgrading to it from previous 0.90.* releases is highly recommended.