The art and science of developing, deploying, and operating software are constantly in flux. Twenty-plus years ago, software was much more straightforward than what we have today. Most applications were built on simple clusters of HTTP servers, and looking for problems was only a log file away for developers. From monolith server processes to highly distributed and deep systems, we are now facing one of the toughest challenges in computing: truly understanding what our code is doing. One potential solution is distributed tracing. This technology allows developers to better understand their software and build a reasonable level of reliability that grants them the confidence to deploy software without much guesswork. Even on a Friday night!
What we'll cover:
- Understand how distributed tracing helps build software reliability.
- Discuss the impact of highly distributed and deep systems.
- The need to integrate traditional monitoring with tracing.
- Learn how distributed tracing technologies work with software stacks.
- Learn strategies that can be used to ease up the observability adoption.
- [Blog] Building software reliability with distributed tracing
- Why observability is key to solving business and operational challenges
- Learn more about the Observability for DevOps
- Elastic APM on GitHub
- Elastic Observability documentation on GitHub
- OpenTelemetry in Java with Elastic Observability on GitHub
- Try Elastic Cloud for free