- System update: Please read
- General questions
- What’s the difference between classroom training, virtual training and on-demand training?
- How do I purchase training?
- How do I create a new profile in the training portal?
- How can I purchase training on behalf of someone else?
- What currency will I be charged in for my purchase?
- I completed an order that was paid for by Purchase Order. What should I do next?
- How do I contact Elastic with questions regarding invoices, payments, and billing for training?
- How do I verify my email address after registration?
- How can I verify that I am enrolled in a course?
- How can I pay for the courses I want to purchase? What payment options are available?
- What’s a Purchase Order Number, and how can I create one?
- How do I create a quote for a training purchase?
- How do I access an on-demand training?
- I’ve purchased an instructor-led training. Now what?
- Policies and logistics
- When do registrations close for instructor-led courses?
- What happens if I need to cancel my registration for an instructor-led or on-demand training?
- Can I transfer my instructor-led course registration to another session or to another person?
- How long are on-demand courses available?
- Will training materials be available after the completion of the training session?
- How can I access course materials from the training portal?
- Will I receive a certificate of attendance/completion?
Elastic Training FAQ
Answers to all your Elastic Training questions
Elastic launched a new training portal on May 18, 2020. As part of this transition, service was interrupted from May 14-18. If you have any questions or issues regarding this new portal or the transition, please contact the Training team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Elastic Cloud account is required to access the new training portal. Create an account with your current training portal email address to get started. If you already have an Elastic Cloud account, you can use your existing Elastic Cloud credentials to access the new training portal.
Elastic offers training courses worldwide. We deliver instructor-led courses both in a classroom and virtually. We also offer on-demand training courses for a self-paced experience.
You may select to attend trainings in a classroom or virtually or a combination of both. For a full detailed course information (topics, duration, prerequisites, etc.) and the upcoming class schedule (day/time, city, etc.), please visit each course page below. For a list of all upcoming classes, please see our course catalog.
- Classroom trainings are instructor-led training courses conducted in person at a physical location.
- Virtual trainings are live instructor-led training courses that take place virtually on your laptop/computer with the use of most advanced learning technologies. No travel is required and you can complete virtual training from the convenience of your home or office and existing internet connection.
- On-Demand trainings are self-paced training courses which combine recorded lectures and live lab exercises. Students can master Elastic anytime and anywhere, by taking control of their own learning at a time and place that suits them.
- Visit the training catalog.
- Find your preferred training course, location, and dates and then click Add to cart next to that offering.
- Continue through the purchase workflow, and when prompted, login or create a new account using Sign Up.
- If you have a promotional code, it can be entered during the checkout process.
- Complete your billing information and payment method.
- Click Confirm Order to complete the checkout process.
- Enrollment confirmation email is received within minutes.
- Visit https://learn.elastic.co.
- Click Sign Up at the bottom of the screen.
- Fill in your details and click Create Account.
- Visit the training catalog.
- Find your preferred training course, location, and dates, and then click Add to cart to that offering.
- On the second page of the shopping cart, enter the first name, last name and email address of each participant.
- Click Save All Participants and continue through the checkout process.
- An enrollment confirmation email will be received within minutes.
The currency listed on the website at the moment of checkout is the currency you will be charged.
For payments with Purchase Order, once your order has been successfully submitted, a copy of your PO should be promptly emailed to email@example.com, with clear reference to the Elastic training order number. Payment is due two business days prior to the start class in order to confirm your registration. For example, if your class begins on a Monday, payment must be submitted by the Thursday prior. Enquires about invoices, payments, and other billing related matters should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries about invoices, payments, and other billing related matters should be addressed to email@example.com.
After creating a new account, you will receive an email with the subject: Please verify your email address. Click the Verify and Accept link in this email to confirm and activate your account. This step is required for all new accounts.
You will receive a confirmation of enrollment right after the registration (payment) is complete. Additionally, you will receive email reminders and logistical information prior to the start of the class. At any time, you can log into https://learn.elastic.co to view your class information.
Payment options vary from country to country, and include credit card and purchase order options. The options available to you will appear during the checkout process.
A Purchase Order Number uniquely identifies a purchase order (PO), and is provided by the student enrolling into a course. To create a PO number, please contact your company’s Finance/Purchasing department.
- Locate the course(s) you would like to purchase from the training catalog.
- After adding the course(s) you would like to purchase to your shopping cart, click the Checkout button on the bottom right of the screen.
- After logging in (or creating a new account), click the Save Quote link at the bottom of the screen.
- When you are ready to complete the purchase, return to your Saved Quotes page.
- Click on the quote you would like to purchase, and proceed through the shopping cart.
Access to your on-demand training is immediately available and can be accessed by logging into the training portal, and clicking on the course tile found on your Learner Dashboard.
You will receive an email containing logistics and materials 5 days before the class begins. You can also access the course information from the Learner Dashboard in training portal. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
If you have any policy and/or logistics questions that aren't answered here, please reach out at email@example.com.
Registration will close two (2) days prior to the start of the course.
Cancellations are not allowed. Payments and fees are non-refundable. It is expected that participants review the course descriptions and schedules in advance of purchase.
No refunds, transfers or postponements will be offered if you do not show up to a class your are enrolled in.
In certain circumstances, transfer of registration is allowed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
Yes, you can either transfer your enrollment to another session or another person.
Transfer of enrollments must be requested via email at email@example.com with notice given at least ten (10) business days prior to the start of the course.
You may transfer your enrollment from any course, as long as the currency is the same from your original order.
- For transfer of enrollment to another person, please provide the new participants name (first and last) and their email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For transfer of your own enrollment to another session, please provide the course name, date, location (city and country) to email@example.com.
All on-demand training courses are available for 90 days after purchase. The expiration date will be outlined on your purchase confirmation. This date cannot be extended.
- Instructor-led course materials will be available for 60 days after class via the training portal.
- On-demand course material will be available for 1 year from the date of purchase.
Training materials are for registered Elastic Training attendees only. They should not be shared with others who did not purchase the training.
To access your course material, log into the training portal with your username and password. Courses you are enrolled in are available right on your Learner Dashboard. Click the tile for the course to see more information, access materials or launch an on-demand title.
Yes, Elastic Training will provide a certificate of completion once the course is completed. You will receive an email with a link and instructions on how to download your certificate as a PDF.
Completion certificates can be found by logging into the training portal, and clicking on the course tile found on your Learner Dashboard. All completed courses will have a button where you can view a PDF of your completion certificate.