An inverted index in Elasticsearch is very similar to an index that you would find at the back of your favorite technical book. You can configure Elasticsearch to create multiple inverted indices for the same field by indexing a field in different ways. This capability is referred to as multi-fields.
In this video, we explore multi-field concepts from the Elasticsearch Engineer I course.
- how to define and configure multi-fields in your index mappings
- a discussion of when to use multi-fields (and when not to)
- how to take advantage of multi-fields in your search queries
- Elasticsearch Engineer I
- Elasticsearch Certification
- Mapping Documentation
- Elasticsearch Getting Started Webinar