Working with Elastic Cloud Support
- What can I expect from Elastic Cloud Support?
- Making Use of the Community Forums
What can I expect from Elastic Cloud Support?
Our scope of support
Our Elastic Cloud Standard support is a production level of support focused on making sure your Elastic Cloud cluster is green and available. To that end, we offer:
- Analysis of the state of your cluster.
- Actions you can perform to stabilize your cluster.
- Updates on actions our Elastic Cloud Engineers are taking to stabilize your cluster.
- Pointers to Elastic documentation or forums if your question is outside the scope of the platform itself.
Our support response times and hours
Our Elastic Cloud Standard support does not have a guaranteed initial or ongoing response time, but we do strive to engage on every issue within 3 business days. We do not offer weekend coverage, so we will respond Monday through Friday only.
As the most common and frequent of activities, here are the best practices related to open support cases with Elastic.
What is a case?
A case can go by many names: ticket, service request, incident, problem, issue, etc. As far as we're concerned, they all mean the same thing. We generally use the term "case" because that's what our support system provider calls them.
A case (or whatever term you prefer to use) can represent many different kinds of situations you'll encounter as a customer:
- You need help setting up your Elastic Cloud account or cluster.
- You would like a new feature considered.
- You have a question about how to do something with Elastic Cloud.
All of these situations (and likely some we've missed) are valid case topics.
When should I open a case?
Now that we're on the same page about what a case is, let's talk about when to open one.
Generally speaking, you should open a case for anything important to you. It's just that simple. Cases are the way we communicate with each other a majority of the time, and we want to be well connected with you as a customer to ensure your success as well as our own. If in doubt, open a case to open the discussion.
How do I open a case?
This is pretty straightforward. Just send us an email at email@example.com from the email addresses registered on your account. You receive a confirmation email from our system letting you know your case was created, and all future conversation can occur just by replying to that email.
What should I say in my case?
There are two key pieces of information you can give us in your email:
- The Cluster ID you're asking about (you may have several)
- The nature of the problem
Tell us as much about the problem you're facing as possible, and we will do the rest. To find your Cluster ID on the overview page in the Elastic Cloud Console for each cluster under your account.
Making Use of the Community Forums
As discussed previously, the support we offer for Elastic Cloud Standard is specific to the Elastic Cloud platform and not in-depth Elasticsearch support. Luckily we have vibrant and active communities around our other products where you can get your Elasticsearch, et al questions answered. And of course we also offer Gold and Platinum options for Elastic Cloud that may be more to your liking.
So, where are these communities?
Such a simple question, but a good one. The best place to start is http://www.elastic.co/community/ which lists all the best community resources. The most commonly used resources are our community forums. For easy reference, they are:
- Elasticsearch: https://discuss.elastic.co/c/elasticsearch
- Kibana: https://discuss.elastic.co/c/kibana
- Beats: https://discuss.elastic.co/c/beats
- Logstash: https://discuss.elastic.co/c/logstash
- X-Pack: https://discuss.elastic.co/c/x-pack
- Hadoop and Elasticsearch: https://discuss.elastic.co/c/elasticsearch-and-hadoop
- Elastic Cloud: https://discuss.elastic.co/c/cloud
- Elastic Cloud Enterprise: https://discuss.elastic.co/c/cloud-enterprise
- Shield (1.x - 2.x): https://discuss.elastic.co/c/shield
- Marvel (1.x - 2.x): https://discuss.elastic.co/c/marvel
- Watcher (1.x - 2.x): https://discuss.elastic.co/c/watcher
- Reporting (2.x): https://discuss.elastic.co/c/reporting
- Graph (2.x): https://discuss.elastic.co/c/graph
Visit https://discuss.elastic.co to explore additional forums.
Feel free to use these forums as sources of information and for general discussions. Of course, as a customer you do not need to rely on these communities for your critical or confidential support needs, and we strongly recommend against posting any time-sensitive requests here — you have us for that!