In today’s hyperconnected world, cyber security challenges have grown multifold. The biggest challenge is that much remains unknown about these networks as supporting applications, new categories of devices, the Internet-of-Things, and technologies like AI and Machine Learning continue to emerge.
With 5G and rapid adoption of digital transformation, the role of telecom networks is expanding well beyond eMBB applications, virtually transforming almost every industry: manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, education, public services, and many more. This means that telecom networks are fast emerging as a nation’s lifeline. So, the need to protect and prevent cyber threats is more critical than ever.
This whitepaper discusses various challenges in operational and business systems, 5G network-specific security challenges, and a few significant risks, including distributed denial of service (DDoS), supply chain attacks, vendor risks, and coexistence of legacy and modern networks.
Learn how Elastic can help:
- Quickly search through an expansive network for risks and threats
- Provide rapid response and corrective action
- Ensure DevSecOps continuum, especially while delivering new functionality in a cloud environment
- Learn about how Elastic is helping telecom providers to unlock the telecom value chain potential
- Visit our webpage: Elastic for Telecommunications
- Read how to build secure and resilient telecom networks