We’re pleased to announce that Elastic has been named a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Insight Engines. This is our second year of inclusion in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for this category, and this year’s evaluation places Elastic as the furthest entry on the "Completeness of Vision" axis. We believe this placement, our market momentum, and the strength of our vision are outcomes driven by two fundamentals:
- Our unwavering focus on search and the expanding toolkit of search capabilities we deliver to developers, search operators, and data analysts.
- The Elastic platform’s ability to address a broad range of search application needs – from standalone applications like internal workplace search, to new search-powered applications built to deliver specific functionalities and experiences.
You can download a complimentary copy of the report today, or get started with a free two-week trial on Elastic Cloud today.
What we hear from our search customers
We see customers using Elastic for a broad range of search needs — from technology start-ups building innovative new applications to Fortune 500 companies implementing internal knowledge sharing. The unified search platform allows customers to start with a specific search problem they are trying to solve, and then expand to using Elastic for other needs in the organization as they get familiar with its broader capabilities.
For example, a leading automation manufacturing company that started with an internal operational insights tool gradually expanded to using pre-built Elastic tools for internal knowledge search, and eventually adopted to using Elastic to power a customer-facing search portal. In another case, a fast growing online retailer started with Elastic for their product search, widened their use of Elastic to analyze customer interaction data, and then built on Elastic machine learning to power a predictive analysis pilot. A recent Elastic sponsored study, built on inputs from over 250 Elastic search customers, revealed that a majority of the respondents anticipate increasing their use of Elastic in the coming year.
We believe this growth in usage is a result of key strengths the Elastic platform brings to search applications, including:
- Elastic’s open and flexible approach to AI/ML, and demystifying how to bring these technologies to search applications.
- Rich visualization and analytics capabilities in Kibana, including pre-built dashboards to administer, optimize, and analyze search operations.
- The Elastic community, a community of developers and companies built as a result of a decade of positive engagement with search builders.
- Ability to scale search applications and cost predictably, with Elasticsearch architecture and the predictability of resource-based pricing.
- No lock-in, with deployment flexibility across clouds, on-premises, and the source available free and open option.
- Built-in tools to easily monitor and secure your search implementation, with Elastic Observability and Elastic Security.
These are further facilitated by Elastic Cloud, a completely managed service to consume all Elastic capabilities, making it easy to pilot, procure, start small, prove a concept internally, scale, expand, and make changes easily over time.
Elastic’s continuing investments
Over the past 12 months, Elastic has made significant investments to simplify customer adoption and to bring new technologies to customers. These include:
- Dedicated content and enablement for industry-specific use cases in areas including manufacturing, financial services, telecommunications, and ecommerce.
- Continued investments to accelerate the application of artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities for search, with native vector search, support for PyTorch models, and ability to import and run models from Hugging Face on Elastic.
Customer success with Elastic
We believe Elastic’s placement, momentum, and the customer adoption we have seen in the past year are an acknowledgement of our vision and direction. Customers like eBay, Merck, GitHub, Adobe, Pfizer, and many others actively rely on Elastic for their search needs. And we look forward to new search problems we can solve in partnership with our customers and community in the coming years.
Get the report, and learn more about Elastic
Find out more about Elastic, or get started with a free trial today. Download the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines report to learn more about Elastic’s placement as a Leader.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner and Magic Quadrant are registered trademarks of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines, Stephen Emmott, Anthony Mullen, Tim Nelms, David Pidsley, December 2022