We’re thrilled to announce that Elastic has been named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Cognitive Search, Q3 2021*, highlighting, in our opinion, our commitment to providing a set of tools that makes it quicker and easier to build great search experiences with Elasticsearch.
In addition to receiving the highest score possible in the strategy category, Elastic also received the highest scores possible in the operations and market awareness criteria. We believe this underlines the investments and rapid pace of product innovation Elastic has committed to Enterprise Search over the past year. For example, we’ve continued to deepen our integrations, including adding prebuilt connectivity for Slack, Box, and Gmail.
“[Elastic’s] sweet spot is for enterprises that want fast, friendly, and affordable cognitive search based on the software phenom Elasticsearch,” according to the report.
The Elasticsearch phenom
Our search products are built on our core technology: Elasticsearch. With its deep free and open roots, it’s been downloaded millions of times and used in countless search use cases and applications across the globe. It’s one of the most popular open source products ever. But even though it’s very popular among software developers, native Elasticsearch can be a challenge to work with. That’s why we built the suite of products in Elastic Enterprise Search:
- To harness the power of Elasticsearch but abstract away complexity
- To make it dramatically easier for our customers to create pretuned, powerful search experiences for workplaces, websites, and mobile apps
- To help customers get projects up and running quickly and accelerate their time to value
Our strategic approach to search
Elastic makes solving data problems easier with search. Forrester gave Elastic Enterprise Search the top score in the strategy category. In its vendor profile, the report states, “It’s easy to try, and the “elastic” pricing model based on the underlying compute resources used makes it easy to adopt for companies of any size. Elastic Enterprise Search includes easy-to use tools to connect to data sources, tune results, and manage the platform.”
We believe our approach resonated so strongly not just because of its Elasticsearch foundation, but also due to the following features of all Elastic products:
- Ease of adoption for our customers’ search projects, with simple setup and unified search across popular sources of content, such as Google Drive, Salesforce, GitHub, Slack, and many others
- Solutions that scale, giving customers the peace of mind that their search experiences can grow right along with their business
- Simple pricing structure based on usage, where customers simply pay for what they use
- Free, flexible deployment options — download for free and run on-prem, or spin it up on Elastic Cloud (free trials always available) on your choice of cloud provider (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS).
Note: The Forrester report referenced above is no longer available to download.