Logstash 2.1.1 and 1.5.6 released
We are happy to announce that Logstash versions 2.1.1 and 1.5.6 has been released today! Jump to the downloads page for the binaries, where you can also find the full list of changes that made these releases.
This is mainly a bug fix release, some of which we highlight below:
Windows Memory Leak Issue
This release bundles a new version of JRuby - 1.7.23, which fixes an important memory leak issue reported on Windows when using the file input (3754). Check our detailed post on how we debugged this issue and collaborated with the JRuby team to resolve it. This fix has also been backported to version 1.5.6.
- Properly release file handles for older files which allows users to delete them (#31).
- Clean up resource usage when Logstash is restarted with File input. Previously, this would cause Logstash to grab on to duplicate file handles (#77).
Elasticsearch Output (2.1.1):
- Added option to set
_parentin order to properly handle parent-child relationships (#297).
- Fixed a defect which caused Logstash to exhaust file handles when sniffing was used in http protocol (#306).
- Twitter input now supports access through proxy server (#7).
- Logstash fails to start if the parent directory contains a space (#4283).
- Allow Logstash to be launched from a symlink (#4291).