Maximizing search application performance with Elasticsearch
This Technical Validation from TechTarget's Enterprise Strategy Group compares Elasticsearch with another popular search platform vendor using test results that characterize performance and scalability of five key search metrics as well as resource utilization.
"Enterprise Strategy Group validated that Elasticsearch delivers significantly better performance and consumes less resources. We reviewed the performance of conducting various query types and average disk utilization rates on both search platforms."
Enterprise Strategy Group validated that Elasticsearch performed:
- 76% faster in simple text queries
- 140% faster in sorting results of simple text queries
- 24%, 97%, and 53% faster in timestamp, keyword, and numeric sort queries, respectively
- 81% faster in date histogram aggregations
- 108% faster in terms queries; 103% faster in composite terms aggregations; 66% faster for range aggregations
- 37% less average disk storage utilization
- Read the TEI of Elasticsearch Developer Satisfaction Spotlight
- See why Elastic was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Insight Engines report
- Use our interactive Cloud Value Calculator to see where Elastic can bring business value to your organization
- Learn how Cisco re-imagined their enterprise search platform powered by AI and Elasticsearch to build a richer search experience
- Learn more about how customers are achieving measurable value from Elastic solutions
- Learn how Elastic is advancing search for the AI revolution