6.0.0-beta2 is available today!
Before you get too excited, keep in mind that this is still a beta so don’t put it into production. There is no guarantee that any of the 6.0.0-beta versions will be compatible with other pre-releases, or the 6.0.0 GA. We strongly recommend that you keep this far, far away from production. And, since it is an beta, it is not yet available on Elastic Cloud.
During the 5.0 release, we introduced the Elastic Pioneer Program and are continuing the same program with the 6.0 preview releases. Download the preview release, provide feedback, become a Pioneer.
For more detailed information, peruse the Elasticsearch detail post.
- In beta1 we removed default passwords. In beta2 we improved the experience by auto-generating the
The road to 6.0 GA continues in Kibana with optimization, bug fixes, and more. Learn more information in the release notes.
For more information, grok the detail post.
- User feedback matters. This feedback resulted in a number of usability improvements in the Pipeline Visualizations in beta2.
We don’t ‘let the beat drop’ but we drop the updates in a detail post.
- More consistency in Beats dashboards. We renamed the dashboards, searches, and visualisations of Filebeat and Metricbeat to follow a set of common naming guidelines. This makes it easier to know which dashboard or visualization comes from which module.
- Better Kafka output support. We’ve upgraded the library we use for the Kafka integration, which brings support for newer Kafka versions and the option of compressing with lz4.
- Configurable index name associated with the Beats dashboards. By default, the dashboards show the data available in the
<beatname>-*index, but you can now change the index name when loading the dashboards.