Launched in version 6.3, Elasticsearch SQL lets you interact with your Elasticsearch data using a SQL query syntax. Elasticsearch SQL makes the relevance and scalability of Elasticsearch accessible to a broader audience via a more familiar SQL syntax.
In this webinar, Shane Connelly, Director of Product Management for Elasticsearch, provides an overview of this much requested feature through a series of practical examples and live demos.
- Mapping concepts: Indexes / Documents vs. Tables / Rows
- Text Operators and Relevancy
- Translate API to convert SQL to DSL queries
- Methods of connectivity (RESTful API, CLI tool, JDBC client)
- Elasticsearch SQL Documentation
- Blogs: A practical introduction to Elasticsearch SQL Part 1 & Part 2
- Try out SQL queries on demo.elastic.co
Principal Solutions Architect