This functionality is experimental and may be changed or removed completely in a future release. Elastic will take a best effort approach to fix any issues, but experimental features are not subject to the support SLA of official GA features.
X-Pack includes a SQL feature to execute SQL against Elasticsearch indices and return results in tabular format.
- Overview of Elasticsearch SQL and its features.
- Getting Started
- Start using SQL right away in Elasticsearch
- REST API
- Accepts SQL in a JSON document, executes it, and returns the results.
- Translate API
- Accepts SQL in a JSON document and translates it into a native Elasticsearch query and returns that.
- Command-line application that connects to Elasticsearch to execute SQL and print tabular results.
- A JDBC driver for Elasticsearch.
- Functions and Operators
- List of functions and operators supported.
- SQL Language
- Overview of the Elasticsearch SQL language, such as data types, syntax and reserved keywords.