Elastic Recognized in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management
Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) ("Elastic"), the company behind Elasticsearch and the Elastic Stack, today announced it has been recognized in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)1. Download the complimentary report here.
Gartner reports that "Security and risk management leaders increasingly want SIEM solutions with attack detection, investigation, response and compliance capabilities, but must balance this desire with an understanding of the resources needed to run such solutions."
Elastic Security builds on the speed and scale of the Elastic Stack to unify SIEM, endpoint security and XDR on a single platform, including ultra-high-fidelity threat detection and prevention, analyst-optimized hunting and incident response, security analytics, and endpoint security at cloud scale. Slack, Credit Suisse, University of Oxford, SoftBank, and thousands of other organizations trust Elastic as their security management platform.
Elastic believes that its security solution provides customers a powerful, proven alternative to legacy SIEM products with the following differentiating features:
- A single open, flexible and extensible platform that consolidates SIEM, endpoint security, and XDR capabilities, to enable organizations to prevent, detect, and respond before damage is done.
- Accelerates digital transformation by scaling on a platform built for limitless analysis, that enables security teams to harness data from across their full technology stack, including years of historical context, across hybrid and multi-cloud architectures.
- Adopted and supported by a rich community of users to help customers reduce the barriers to adopting advanced security capabilities and achieving SecOps excellence.
- Empowers practitioners to prevent, detect, and respond to sophisticated attacks by centralizing actionable data and retaining it for years, performing automated and analyst-driven analysis.
- Simplifies the enterprise security stack with a single agent for host inspection and data collection, anti-malware, and ransomware prevention.
Elastic Security's reviews on Gartner Peer Insights indicate that SIEM customers rate the company's products highly, with an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 in the SIEM market based on 50 reviews, as of June 30, 2021.
For more information, read the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management and our blog post, "Elastic Security Recognized in the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for SIEM."
- "Elastic has a unique vision of what SIEM should be: scalable, fast, and open to security teams everywhere," said Nate Fick, General Manager, Security, Elastic. "We believe our placement validates our differentiated approach to delivering a unified security solution that combines unmatched ease of use, mature threat hunting capabilities, and flexible resource-based pricing."
 Gartner, "Magic Quadrant for Security Information and Event Management" Kelly Kavanagh, Toby Bussa, John Collins, June 2021
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Peer Insights reviews constitute the subjective opinions of individual end users based on their own experiences and do not represent the views of Gartner or its affiliates.
Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at elastic.co.
Elastic and associated marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Elastic N.V. and its subsidiaries. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.