Advanced Elasticsearch: Data Modeling
This course is for engineers who are building applications and workflows involving Elasticsearch. Students will work through popular use cases, data models, and designs in a practical manner while guided and instructed by Elastic engineers.
By the completion of this course students will have mastered many best practices of field and data modeling in regards to document search and analytics in Elasticsearch. Additionally, methods and tools for correcting improperly modeled and index data will be covered in class and reinforced through hands on labs and exercises. Finally, students will design a document model for an example application in class and then evaluate the tradeoffs of their document model with the instructor and class.
- Software professionals who want to maximize their data model enable high performance searches and analytics and learn about best practices of data modeling for document search.
- Developers who need to create a document model in Elasticsearch to represent their entities.
1 day | Class is scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Familiarity with programming concepts
- Completion of "Core Elasticsearch: Developer" or prior experience and knowledge of analysis, mappings, and searching in Elasticsearch
- This course is often taken in conjunction with Core Elasticsearch: Developer, which typically is delivered in the two days prior to this course and is a great way to ensure preparedness for this advanced course.
- Laptop with connectivity to Wi-Fi
- Mac, Linux OS, or Windows 7 or later
- A modern web browser
- Laptop with Java version 1.8.0_73 or later installed
- At least 20% free disk space
Upcoming Courses — Advanced Elasticsearch: Data Modeling
It was awesome. Both instructors are great speakers. They have a wide and deep knowledge about the topic, and they know how to pass it on. They are infecting with their enthusiasm.