Welcome to Keeping up with Kibana! This is a weekly series of posts on new developments in the Kibana project and any related learning resources and events.
This week we have an upgrade to 1.6.5 of Angular, a change of our markdown module to 'markdown-it', more progress on our K7 design build-out in the UI framework and an upgrade of Leaflet.
Please read all the details below!
- K7 progress
- Button cleanup, Flex cleanup, Typography refactor, Vertical spacing addition #13718
- Clean up context menu #13675
- Table header sort button #13651
- Pagination, ButtonIcon, HorizontalRule components #13631
- Flex Group and Flex Grid components #13603
- Context menu prototype #13587
- Apply 0.10.0 linting rules. #13719
- Refactor KuiFlexGroup styles to use similar pattern to KuiFlexGrid. #13627
- Kibana 5.6.0 now handles expanded index patterns the same as 6.0.0 when talking to an Elasticsearch 6.0.0 node to avoid errors resulting from the removed _field_stats api. (PR #13670)
- Filter editor: Autocomplete suggestions are now back on by default (#13376)
- Remove custom keyboard navigation in datepicker #13644
- Fix blank index pattern selector in Discover #13715
- Fix discover sidebar Visualize button for geo_point fields #13539
- Disable creation of "exists" filters for scripted fields #13538
- Keep top line in view when resizing Console to avoid losing user context (PR #13695)
- Removes webpack-directory-name-as-main dependency (PR #13584)
- The new platform work is progressing, and we’ve opened a work-in-progress PR on how we can extract core plugins and give them their own build system. This will ensure that when moving core plugins into the new platform they will stay truly separate and don’t depend on internals in the Kibana platform. It’s still early days for the PR, but we’re exploring how the dev setup and build system could work with this change.
- We’ve upgraded Angular from 1.4.7 to 1.6.5. There’s quite a few breaking changes, so it was important for us to get to the latest 1.x version.
- Replaced “marked” markdown parser with “markdown-it” (PR #13623)
- Dashboard dark theme fixes (PR #13690)
- Updated leaflet from 0.7.5 to 1.0.3.
- Leaflet maps are now rendered with canvas instead of SVG.
- Simplified Coordinate Map - Heatmap options, replacing `Radius`, `Blur`, `Maximum Zoom`, and `Minimum opacity` with a single control, `Cluster size`.
- Use leaflet-responsive-popup plugin to fix Tile Map tooltips near edges of map are cut off
- [Accessibility] Use aria-label in TSVB React components, instead of ariaLabel #13714