Grid aggregation layers use GeoTile grid aggregation to group your documents into grids. You can calculate metrics for each gridded cell.
Symbolize grid aggregation metrics as:
- Creates a vector layer with a cluster symbol for each gridded cell. The cluster location is the weighted centroid for all geo-points in the gridded cell.
- Grid rectangles
- Creates a vector layer with a bounding box polygon for each gridded cell.
- Heat map
- Creates a heat map layer that clusters the weighted centroids for each gridded cell.
To enable a grid aggregation layer:
- Click Add layer, then select the Clusters and grids or Heat map layer.
To enable a blended layer that dynamically shows clusters or documents:
- Click Add layer, then select the Documents layer.
- Configure Index pattern and the Geospatial field. To enable clustering, the Geospatial field must be set to a field mapped as geo_point.
- In Scaling, select Show clusters when results exceed 10000.