Version 8.x introduces exciting new features and improvements across the Elastic Stack. From modern NLP to a fresh modern look in Kibana to improved resource consumption and search performance, you can have all of this and more in 8.0, the future of the Elastic Stack.
Upgrading a large system without causing downtime can be daunting. But fear not, with the 8.0 Upgrade Assistant in Kibana and a little attention to detail, you can upgrade your entire Elastic Stack pain-free. In this virtual event, Alison Goryachev and George Kobar walk you through the considerations, best practices, and caveats for upgrading to 8.x.
We will cover:
- Full Elastic Stack upgrade order
- Upgrading to 8.x
- 8.0 Upgrade Assistant
- Re_indexing older indices
- Elastic Common Schema (ECS)
- Backing up your data
- Upgrading on Elastic Cloud Best practices and caveats
- You can try hosted Kibana (and Elasticsearch) with a no-cost Elastic Cloud 14-day trial.