We are pleased to announce the second version of the self-managed Elastic App Search beta.
Beta2 adds a set of recent features and enhancements:
- Adds the Search Settings API. Set Engine level weights and boosts via the API.
- Java 11 is now supported. App Search now supports Java 8 and Java 11.
- The UI has been polished, improving contrast and iconography.
- Performance improvements when indexing and searching documents.
And it fixes a couple minor bugs:
- Deleting an Engine will now remove its matching Elasticsearch index.
- You can now re-use Engine names from deleted Engines.
- Updating API keys will no longer result in a 500 error on occasion.
If you are already running App Search, we recommend upgrading to the new version.
If you haven't checked it out yet, now is a great time to take it for a test drive.