With your Elasticsearch Service subscription, you get access to support from the very creators of Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, Logstash, and our commercial X-Pack plugin. We’re here to help!
As of May 1, 2017, support for Elasticsearch Service Standard customers has moved from the Discuss forum to our Elastic Support Portal. You should receive login instructions by email. We will also monitor the forum and help you get into the support portal, in case you’re unsure where to go.
There are three ways you can open a support case:
Use the Elasticsearch Service Console: Support form
For Trial and Standard subscriptions, completing the form automatically opens a support case for you, including your contact details and Elasticsearch Service account. You can help us help you by selecting the category that applies your issue and giving us more details about the situation in the description. If the issue relates to a specific deployment, the name or ID is required. If you have a Premium subscription, you should continue to use the support portal with its additional capabilities.
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you contact us by email, please use the email address that you registered with, so that we can help you more quickly. If you are using a distribution list as your registered email, you can also register a second email address with us. Just open a case to let us know the name and email address you would like to be added.
Go to the support portal: http://support.elastic.co
As an Elasticsearch Service customer, you will receive an email with instructions on accessing our support portal. Use these instructions to log into the support portal, where you can track both current and archived cases. If you are a new customer who just signed up for Elasticsearch Service, it can take a few hours for your support portal access to be set up. If you have questions in the meantime, you can always reach out to us at email@example.com.
When opening a case, there are a few things you can do to get help faster:
- Include the deployment ID that you want help with, especially if you have several deployments. The deployment ID can be found on the overview page for your cluster in the the Elasticsearch Service Console.
- Describe the problem. Include any relevant details, including error messages you encountered, dates and times when the problem occurred, or anything else you think might be helpful.
Support is governed by the Elasticsearch Service Standard Terms of Service. The level of support you can expect to receive depends on your subscription level:
- Elasticsearch Service Standard subscriptions
- Support is provided by email or through the Elastic Support Portal. The main focus of support is to ensure your Elasticsearch Service deployment shows a green status and is available. There is no guaranteed initial or ongoing response time, but we do strive to engage on every issue within three business days. We do not offer weekend coverage, so we respond Monday through Friday only. To learn more, see Working with Elastic Support Elasticsearch Service Standard.
- Elasticsearch Service Gold and Platinum subscriptions
- Support is handled by email or through the Elastic Support Portal. Provides guaranteed response times for support issues, better support coverage hours, and support contacts at Elastic. Also includes support for how-to and development questions. The exact support coverage depends on whether you are a Gold or Platinum customer. To learn more, see Elasticsearch Service Premium Support Services Policy.
If you are on an Elasticsearch Service Standard subscription and you are interested in moving to Gold or Platinum support, please contact us. We also recommend that you read our best practices guide for getting the most out of your support experience: https://www.elastic.co/support/welcome.
As a healthy open source project, Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana have vibrant and helpful communities. You have our assurance of high-quality support and single source of truth as an Elasticsearch Service customer, but our open source community can also be a useful resource for you.
If you have any technical questions that are not for our Support team, hop on our Elastic community forums and get answers from the experts in the community, including people from Elastic.