- Elastic for Students and Educators program FAQ
- What is the Student and Educators program all about?
- Who is eligible to participate?
- Is this program available internationally?
- How do I get in touch with Elastic?
- Are there any resources available to students and educators interested in developing their skills with Elastic?
- Does Elastic provide students and/or educators with free Elastic Cloud accounts?
- Can I download the Elastic Stack for free for my own use?
- Does Elastic sponsor student/academic events?
- How does Elastic support educators to develop/supplement curriculum?
- How can I find out about Elastic events/meetups in my area?
- What’s it like to work at Elastic?
- How do I learn more and/or reach out with a question or idea?
Elastic for Students and Educators program FAQ
Here are the answers to your pressing questions. Learn more about getting involved with the Elastic student and educator community, and find out how to build your skill set with the Elastic Stack.
The Elastic for Students and Educator program seeks to engage with students and educators by creating opportunities to learn about Elastic, use our products, and become part of our community. This program will support students and educators in the development of their knowledge and skill set with Elastic products.
Elastic is excited to work with all types of students and educators! At the current time, the majority of our programs are geared toward supporting undergraduate and graduate degree programs that are focused on technology/engineering/data science/cybersecurity. However, we encourage all students and educators interested in learning more about Elastic to reach out and start the discussion.
Let us know what's on your mind via email.
Are there any resources available to students and educators interested in developing their skills with Elastic?
Yes — lots of them:
- Webinars — Elastic hosts several webinars every month. All are free and open to the public. We recommend starting with the Getting Started webinars.
- Blogs — Learn about the latest product updates and releases.
- Meetups or events — Engage with and learn from the Elastic community in your area by attending a meetup, either in-person or virtually.
- Discussion forums — Get your questions answered or learn from community members.
- Training — Elastic offers dozens of courses in a variety of formats. Although most require payment to attend, we can provide you with access to our on-demand fundamental courses to help get you started.
- GitHub — Being open source means we rely on contributions from our community to help build and improve our products. You can get started by contributing to a “first issue” (or any other issue) on GitHub.
We're currently focused on building a program that would provide free/discounted Elastic Cloud access to use for academic purposes; however, we only recently launched our first pilot so we need a little more time before we can fulfill all requests. Although we can't honor every request at this time, we encourage you to connect with us and help us to learn more about your interest in using Elastic Cloud.
We're looking for academic partners interested in piloting Elastic Cloud in the classroom as part of their course. Reach out if you are interested in learning more.
Absolutely. Just head to the download page to get started. Then, the Getting started with Elasticsearch tutorial webinar is a great resource for walking you through the process of getting underway.
Yes! Events are a great way to build community, connect with students, and provide opportunities for a more hands-on interaction. There are lots of great events out there, but we do have to be a bit choosy when it comes to sponsorship. Here are the criteria we consider when choosing:
- Timing — We need at least three months of lead time to adequately prepare — so let us know early if you'd like us to consider an event.
- Engagement — We're interested in events where there is an opportunity to educate and engage, such as workshops, presentations, and so on.
- Something different — Elastic loves hackathons, but we're also excited to sponsor events that provide a unique opportunity to showcase our products (such as case and AI competitions, research conferences, and so on).
Elastic is excited to support educators in developing curriculum that provides students an opportunity to experience our products. We believe all courses are unique, and there is no one way to use Elastic in the classroom; therefore, we do not have a pre-packaged course. But please reach out to discuss your curriculum ideas and questions. We’re here to help!
Elastic has an amazing community of users around the globe, and there are countless opportunities for you to get involved. Attending meetups and events is a great way to learn about Elastic products, get hands-on training, and network with Elasticians and industry leaders. You can find out more about local (and virtual) meetups and events on our Community page. We hope to see you soon!
Glad you asked. We're a distributed and diverse company, and we like it a lot here. See our Source Code page to find out what defines and drives us, our Life@Elastic Instagram page to peek behind the curtain with some Elasticians, and our Culture blog to learn more about what folks do inside (and outside) Elastic.
We're excited to hear your questions, explore new opportunities to engage, and discuss how we might be able to support/assist you with a project or idea!
Right now, email is the best way to connect. Hit us up with your inquiries, ideas, and suggestions. We can't wait to work with you!