Today we are pleased to announce the release of Elasticsearch 5.6.10, based on Lucene 6.6.1. Elastisearch 5.6.10 is the latest stable release in 5.x, and is already available for deployment on Elastic Cloud, our Elasticsearch-as-a-service platform.
Latest stable release in 5.x:
- Download Elasticsearch 5.6.10
- Elasticsearch 5.6.10 release notes
- Elasticsearch 5.6 breaking changes
- X-Pack 5.6.10 release notes
You can read about all the changes in the release notes linked above, but some changes are worth highlighting:
- A sensitive data disclosure flaw was found in the Elasticsearch repository-azure (formerly elasticsearch-cloud-azure) plugin. When the repository-azure plugin is set to log at TRACE level Azure credentials can be inadvertently logged.
- A bug in the way that bulk requests are processed could cause primaries and replicas to diverge in rare cases when the master is under load. If a document requires a mapping update and that update would timeout or not be acknowledged we may fail to replicate previous operations in the same bulk request.