Re-creating Kibana 3 dashboards in Kibana 4
This video walks you through how to manually rebuild a very typical Kibana 3 dashboard in Kibana 4.
- Adding saved search to the dashboard to get a raw document view
- Configuring the "Logstash Dashboard" in Kibana 4
- Re-creating equivalents of "terms", "hits", "table", "histogram", "bettermap", "stats" panels
- Add and modify filters and queries at the top of your dashboard
- Adding finishing touches, such as the dark theme
With over 15 years of experience in information technology, Tanya Bragin leads the development of the Beats, Kibana, and Logstash product roadmaps. She spent five years at ExtraHop Networks where she led a team of product managers. In her spare time she enjoys posing as roadkill on the mean streets of Bay Area.