The Department of Defense Cyber Operator course is presented by Perched, an Elastic company. This instructor-led course teaches network and endpoint security monitoring in a simple, practical way that builds incrementally. You will learn to use the Elastic Stack along with security tools like Zeek (formerly Bro) and Suricata to perform full-spectrum threat detection and hunting. The course ends with a 2-day, guided hunt capstone containing multiple scenarios — both as an individual hunter and as part of a DoD team — that will engage the newly learned skills to find the adversary in the traffic.
The course focuses on the Department of Defense's mission of threat hunting in unique contested networks.
- Linux foundations and security
- Networking foundations
- Packet analysis
- The Elastic Stack
- The Suricata Intrusion Detection System
- Zeek Protocol Analyzer
- Kibana for operators
- Platform architecture and engineering
- Endpoint detection and response
- Assisted hunt
Cybersecurity operators within the Department of Defense who need to analyze data to find bad actors in their network as part of a machine-assisted, human-driven operation.
10 Days | 8 hours per day
This course is only offered privately. Please contact your sales representative or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a training.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- An OpenSSH-compatible secure-shell client
- Mac, Linux, or Windows
- Stable internet connection
- Latest version of Chrome or Firefox (other browsers not supported)
- Disable any ad blockers and restart your browser before class