Network security monitoring (NSM) takes a bird’s-eye view of an organization, with the mindset that a threat actor will eventually need to cross a network boundary in order to accomplish their objective. In this course, you will learn about the principles of NSM, common tools (Bro and Suricata), and how to leverage the Elastic Stack for analytics. After completing this class, you’ll be able to use the Elastic Stack to harden your network security by reducing time to detection.
- Introduction to Network Security
- Bro IDS Data
- Suricata Data
- Threat Hunting with Kibana
This course is a module of the Security Analytics specialization. Find out how our focused Training Specializations can help you with your use case.
Security Analysts and Engineers, System Administrators, DevOps
Virtual - 1 Day | 2-3 hours
We recommend taking the following foundational courses (or having equivalent knowledge):
- Stable internet connection
- Mac, Linux, or Windows
- Latest version of Chrome or Firefox (other browsers not supported)
- Disable any ad blockers and restart your browser before class