The best search solutions know that there’s more than one way to ask a question. This course provides a solid understanding of how synonyms can improve your user search experience. You will learn to implement single- and multi-word synonyms and how they affect score. It also covers the differences between applying synonyms at index time, query time, or both. After completing this module, you will be well prepared to implement synonyms in a systematic and sustainable way.
- The Use Case for Synonyms
- Applying Synonyms
- Synonyms at Query Time and Index Time
- Multiword Synonyms
This course is a module of the Elasticsearch Advanced Search specialization. Find out how our focused Training Specializations can help you with your use case.
Software Developers and Engineers, Data Architects, DevOps
We recommend taking the following foundational courses (or having equivalent knowledge):
- Stable internet connection
- Mac, Linux, or Windows
- Latest version of Chrome or Firefox (other browsers not supported)
- Disable any ad blockers and restart your browser before class